Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.anaction.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We don’t have comments on the site.
We don’t use a contact form. You are welcome to contact us using the email address ‘email@example.com’ on our contact page. This email goes to named Anthropocene Actions people only as part of the email you send to them. They will use it only to reply to you and will delete the email if you request.
What do we measure and how
We use a self-hosted Open Source Web Analytics tool called Matomo (previously Piwik). We haven’t set it up yet! So we aren’t tracking anything.
What do we store
- Only store two bytes of client IP addresses, for example 192.168.X.X, where the number represented by X is not saved.
- Delete visitor log older than 60 days.
- Delete archived reports older that 12 months.
You are welcome to opt out
You may opt out of our stats, the best way to do this is to set the Do Not Track header in your web browser preferences.
Another way to opt out is to use a web browser plugin which stops web site usage tracking bugs, we recommend:
- uBlock Origin for Firefox — a multi-purpose blocker, available for multiple browsers on multiple operating systems, it is free software released under the GNU General Public License, see the GitHub site for installation instructions for browsers other than Firefox.
- Privacy Badger for Firefox — a privacy protecting blocker, from the Electronic Frontier Foundation, which is also available for Chrome and Opera via the EFF site.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data